Daren Scerri is a senior lecturer and researcher at MCAST IICT with a specialisation in Learning Technologies, and primarily focusing on Computer Vision, AR, VR and games development for learning. He holds a Bachelor degree with Honours in Computer Science Education from the University of Malta and an M.Sc. with distinction in Education and Leadership from the University of Leicester. He led several projects in e-learning, e-commerce and college information systems. In the field of learning technologies, he also conducted research which was published within a UNESCO project, involving the development of virtual educational 3D tours, and in his M.Sc., a mixed-methods research focusing on policy, pedagogy and learning technologies for different learner abilities and aptitudes.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learning Technologies
- Computer Vision
- Augmented Reality
- Virtual Reality
- AR serious Games Development
- Gamification in Education
- Cauchi, M. & Scerri, D., 2019. Enriching Tourist UX via a Location Based AR Treasure Hunt Game. In 2019 IEEE 9th International Conference on Consumer Electronics-Berlin (ICCE-Berlin) IEEE.
- Scerri, D. & Agius, B., 1999. A 3D walk-through at the Grandmaster’s Palace, Valletta. Published in 2008, ‘The Palace Valletta-Malta’ (funded by UNESCO)