Thomas is currently a Senior Lecturer and a researcher at the MCAST Institute of Information Communication & Technology.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Vision
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- T. Gatt, D. Seychell and A. Dingli, “Detecting human abnormal behaviour through a video generated model,” 2019 11th International Symposium on Image and Signal Processing and Analysis (ISPA), Dubrovnik, Croatia, 2019, pp. 264-270. doi: 10.1109/ISPA.2019.8868795
- A. Abela, T. Gatt “Using Object Detection and Recognition to Detect and Classify Waste”, 2019 (Research paper)
- C. Galea, T. Gatt “Fall Detection using Machine Learning and Anomaly Detection Technique”,2019 (Dissertation)
- Abela, A. and Gatt, T., 2021, January. Using Class Activation Maps on Deep Neural Networks to Localise Waste Classifications. In 2021 IEEE 19th World Symposium on Applied Machine Intelligence and Informatics (SAMI) (pp. 000143-000148). IEEE.
- Cassar, C.P., Gatt, T. and Briffa, I., 2020, September. Autonomous motor vehicle categorisation using a convolutional neural network. In 2020 IEEE 16th International Conference on Intelligent Computer Communication and Processing (ICCP) (pp. 337-342). IEEE.
- Xuereb, O., Inguanez,F. and Gatt, T., 2020, September. Detecting Highway Code Violations using Artificial Intelligence. In 2020 IEEE 16th International Conference on Intelligent Computer Communication and Processing (ICCP) (pp. 331-336). IEEE.
- Cassar, C.P., Gatt, T., 2021. Early fire and smoke detection using Artificial Intelligence (Dissertation)