The ICTAR Games Research research theme focuses on the various topics related to games development such as but not limited to:
- AI – Information Extraction & Text Mining
- AI – Knowledge Representation
- Emotion and affective computing
- Game AI
- Player Modelling
- Computational Creativity
- Trajectory Analytics
- Spatial Game Analytics
Selected Publications & Dissertations
- Sacco, O., Dabrowski, M. and Breslin, J.G., 2012, September. Linking in-game events and entities to social data on the web. In 2012 IEEE International Games Innovation Conference (pp. 1-4). IEEE.
- Sacco, O. and Breslin, J.G., 2014. In users we trust: towards social user interactions based Trust Assertions for the Social Semantic Web. Social Network Analysis and Mining, 4(1), p.229.
- Sacco, O., Liapis, A. and Yannakakis, G.N., 2016, September. A holistic approach for semantic-based game generation. In 2016 IEEE Conference on Computational Intelligence and Games (CIG) (pp. 1-8). IEEE.
- Sacco, O., Liapis, A. and Yannakakis, G.N., 2017, September. Game character ontology (gco) a vocabulary for extracting and describing game character information from web content. In Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Semantic Systems (pp. 9-16).